Question

sboyd2829

Why is discover card ruining credit inquiries on me.
I have never d applyed for discover card and do not plan on doing so yet when I checked my credit report today. I saw they ran 30 credit inquiries on me since December of 2013. I want to know if this affect my credit report/score. How do I get them to stop seeing how I never gave them permission and never applied for a card. Do I have any legal standing to sue them.

They are most likely "soft inquiries" which do not affect your credit score and are only visible by you on your reports. When you apply for different cards or credit of any kind, you often give your consent for your information to be sold to other lenders so they can offer you their products, this is probably what is going on. There is a site on opting out of credit card offers, some googling should help you locate the name of the site, but when you opt out, you get no more offers and some of those offers you may want to have. As long as they are only soft inquiries there is no legal grounds to sue them, now if they were hard inquiries that were done in excess, that would be a different story.