Question

infinitifx35

Why is Creditkarma's information always incorrect
My score on CK just dropped from a 788 to a 773. I have had perfect credit for 35 years. Never even a glitch anywhere. I spoke with a representative from Transunion & also Experian. With both of those credit reporting agencies, my score is 844. Now if Creditkarma gets their information from Transunion, as they claim they do, what is the problem here. I have checked the CK scores many times over the years & would then pull my credit score at the 3 major reporting agencies. CK was always so far off, that I couldn't believe it. Don't ever use them if you want a correct score for something important. Go to one of the major reporting agencies & pay the $10.00 for your real score.

Most Helpful Response

Incorrect Score

My credit isn't the greatest from life experiences. I'm getting back on my feet now and I don't wanna file bankruptcy. I have pay off two creditors and my credit score didn't change. It has been saying 575 since January. I brought a car 2months ago Transunion reported my credit score was a 591. That boosted my confidence that I'm making progress. Only thing I'm starting to think credit karma is good for is telling me how much debt I have.

"My recommendations"

to trying2B850:

I was directing my inquire to whoever writes the "My recommendation" section. What they recommended maded me excited because I thought that the people at CK was knowledable enough to make correct guidance. It seems that my assumesupiton (I know ***,u and me about assuption) was incorrect. When I did fill out there form on line, it generated other refi option and I received a acceptance emaile from Firest investor company. That I may accept there offer.

"My Recommendation"

I took your advice and filled out the forms with "Open Road Lending" you or at least who ever writes that section. Prior to emailing all my info to them someone on your staff said..."based on my credit standings this company would refi my car, save 103.00 a month (over a thousand dollars the first year) lower my interest from 22,19% to 12. something, saving more money.  Well, they turned me down, for low credit score, serveal "derogatory" statements, a few late pmts, etc...etc... Shows how much you people know!!!!!  Why would you tell somebody something before you checked them out???

doug001

douglas42698@gmail.com

JackieJoe2

I found out if you have a low credit score no one will give you a loan.  It doesn't matter who recommends.

Not to worry!!!

Credit Karma is NOT a credit reporting bureau!! It is for education to teach people how credit works and how to build their credit score so credit can work for them.  Nothing here is reported to anyone, PERIOD!! Did you read anything about this site before you signed up? The information here is just for your use in learning and do not represent your true credit score. 

gixxer555

It is misleading regardless.

Lol @ Icuhowie! Smh!!!

Incorrect information

CK says that an account is removed from  my report but it has not been removed. Why state something that isn't true?

Verified Item Removed with TransUnion

I verfied that an item was removed from my TransUnion report (with the TransUnion Company).  CreditKarma is still reporting it as if it was on my report for TransUnion.  It is apparent they do not have the same criteria and/or receive the information from the actual "TransUnion repository".  I have a letter from TransUnion stating this item was removed from my report and the date.  I should not have to forward this letter from TransUnion to CreditKarma if they were getting the correct and actual information from the repository (TransUnion)!

type of score

Your score that Transunion has is you Vantage Score, a separate type of credit score, usually is higher. What CK has is your FICO score, the actual credit score.