Question

grpch75

Why is credit score different on different outlets?
My credit card company shows me a credit score that is about 8 points than the score I see at Credit Karma. Which is to be believed? Where does the financial community get their scores from? Shouldn't we be able to see that score so we can correctly monitor our score and not be so disappointed when we apply for credit?

Different scoring models and different versions of scoring system is why you see different scores. If you read, you will find the model/version of the score being provided to you by any site. Most lenders will use a version of FICO scores, so those are the scores that I am concerned with.