Question

ktquestions

Why is Credit Karma's credit score is always higher?
Applying for a credit card or getting a loan the credit score is always lower

Its due to different scoring models, we have 100s out there. Can't compare one score to another unless it's from same scoring models.

I have found the oposite to be true at times.  I went to get a car loan and their scoring model was lower (typically auto will put more weight into use/avalable percentage) then I went to refiniance my home and my score was higher than what CK showed.  Both of these were about 30 points off each way, so the Vantage 3.0 that CK uses is a good gage for your score, but will not be exact.

There are many different types of scoring models out there, and each lender can chose the one they want to use. FICO is a common one, but there are many different FICO scoreing model too.

As said, different scoring models are being used. You get Vantage scores here, but most lenders use a version of FICO scores.