Question

EmmaTornery

Why is CK soooo slow in updating credit card info?
I have paid off about 60% of my credit card debt and even though I can see the new balance reflected on CK, it's not updated in the system. If I go to the credit card page it's still showing my old balance (I'm talking 60 days old). And the "You have reduced your credit card utility by 8%" info that's at the bottom of the page is also reflecting over 60 days late info.

What's the point of this service if it doesn't help me see my new credit score?

I'm having the same issue, very slow to update, the site says 1 day to update, so will see if it changes this time.

So, you seem to think that making payments on time right now may make your score improve quickly if you had a history of late payments a couple of years ago?  Doesn't work that way.  Credit accounts will show for 7 years past the date they are paid because that is your credit history, and nothing can speed history up. 

Credit Karma is an educational site that gets their information from Transunion so that it can be used in the financial tools so you can see what the potential is with each financial decision. It is NOT one of the credit bureaus.  How fast CK gets their information updated depends a lot on how fast the information in Transunion is updated, then recovered by CK and I can't give a specific time for that occurrance. 

gixxer555

I beg to differ....my Transunion credit report reflects the actual and CK hasn't changed it yet. I dont know how the whole thing works but I know my accounts aren't at 67% utilization and haven't been for weeks now.