Question

beautoo

Why is another person's account affecting my report when I am a cardholder, not the payer?
I am living with my father and my stepmother due to my father's declining health. My stepmother got me a card for her Discover account and one for her Visa account, so I could easily shop for their needed items, run errands, etc. I do not pay those cards. She and my dad do. How can I communicate to Visa and Discover that I am not the responsible party?

If you are an authorized user on the account then anything that has to do with that account will reflect on your credit score, Period. That is how it works. If the card is affecting your credit in negative ways due to high utilization or late payments, then get yourself removed as an authorized user on the card. Have the primary cardholder call the creditor and remove you as a user. You may have to contact the credit agencies to have the account removed from your reports. You may even try to contact the credit bureaus first and ask them to remove the accounts from your reports and maybe they would and you could stay on as a user of the card, but it is doubtful, so you will probably have to be removed first before you dispute the accounts. Hopefully someone that has been through your situation can answer better. Either way there is nothing that the creditors can do to help you.