Question

ReportMadness32

Why is a paid collection still being reported?
I paid a collection in full over full years ago. The status is showing closed but there is no close date. It is also showing recent last reported dates? I know that this can be on my credit for 7 years but my question is why are they still reporting it? Is this just an update to say, yep still in the 7 year window don't remove? Or is it being reported because they think I still owe money?

Second question - Does the 7 years start from the date established with original creditor or does it start from the opened date provided on the credit report?

The 7 years (technically its 7 years plus180 days) is from Date Of First Delinquency and it doesn't go by any other date nor that date changes regardless. It's usually from the very last time you didn't pay that led up to such action.