Question

Cola1992

Why haven't my credit score increased?
My credit line increased by $150. I decreased my credit card utilization rate, but my credit score stayed the same. I applied for a credit card that credit karma recommended and it said I had a good chance of being approved. I was denied and it went on my credit report as a hard inquiry. I thought it was a soft inquiry since I was preaproved.

Credit Karma did not make the recommendation for the card but the advertisers whoi pay so that this site can be free to all of us did.  I hope (but doubt) that you have read the articles about credit provided on this site because teaching people about credit is what Credit Karma is all about.  I have a good score and my available credit has increased over $6000 in the past year and my credit score remains the same because there is a derogatory remark from 2012 that likely will have to drop for my score to increase.  So, I wait and [make sure not to do anything to make my score drop.