Why hasn't my legal name change updated with the 3 credit bureaus?
I got married last year, and have changed my name with social security, my drivers license and bank. Upon checking my credit report, my address has updated (even though I'm not on the lease, my husband is), as has my phone number. Why hasn't my name updated? I tried calling and I ended up talking to a very rude and strange representative with Experian who explained that I need to, "Send all my information like name, social and address to all my creditors and collectors and it will update itself. Ok, color me crazy but I'm not going to blindly send that type of information to god-knows-who.
I have poor credit and am currently trying to repair it. With it being poor, I can't currwntlyget approved for anything so I'm settling my deliquent accounts.
How do I get my name updated?
Thank you very much for taking your time to read this.