Question

claudia1234

Why hasn't my Bankruptcy fallen off? It was dismissed and it has been 7 years.

Ten years?

Jwsister, i have read a lot of questions and answers here on CK and almost every answer states that a chapter 13 bankruptcy falls off of your credit report 7 years after the date of filing, and a chapter 7 falls off after 10 years from date of filing. I filed on 7-1-09 and here i am 7 years and 6 months later and its still on my equifax report, not on transunion and i am not sure about experian. I have filled one dispute to have it removed from equifax, they removed it and the same day put it back on. I don't understand why? Does your response "Bankruptcy stays on your credit for TEN years," mean both types or just chapter 7? If its just chapter 7 that stays do you have any guess as to why mine is yet to fall off?

Bankruptcy stays on your credit for TEN years, which is something you should have been told prior to filing.  You just have to wait it out, then work on rebuilding your damaged credit, since bankruptcy hurts credit.