Why has my vantage score gone down when my credit score has gone up?
nothing has really changed in my credit, my payments are made on time, and no new debt has been aquired, so why has one score dropped, and the other gone up?

klyde

Most Helpful Response

One possible answer could be your debt to ration. If you're using more than 30% of your credit then you will loose points even if you make all of your payments on time. (Example: You have a credit card limit of $1000 but you're using more than $300 Which is more than 30%.) You will loose points. Even if you only use $301. IF that's the case then make sure to only use less than 20% of your credit which would be $200. The less you use the more points you will earn. If you use over 30% make sure you pay down before your statement closing date. Most people with 800 credit score only use around 7% of their credit.

Response by
johnhard

What a great contribution. To the point and simple. You really helped me get an understanding of what may be my issue in regard to the fluctuation scores. Thanks:)

bstone00

*fluctuating.

bstone00

Thank you .I did not know that.a higher credit line was a good deal for me.

computerkid

I am not an expert by any means, but i would go back to the basics. Remember the vantage score is an error-contained result used to aproximate Your score, not nessesarily to match it. If it was me, I would focus on the actual score while is on top, and focus on fixing corners when the vantage is above... once again i am not an expert, but if your current score is on a good range then dont go crazy about it.

Response by
SPITFIREKARMA

vantage score in my experience has been much more volatile than the Transunion scores.  Vantage is a tool to show more specifically how recent changes to your credit profile affect risk whereas the primary score for Transunion provides a more comprehensive overview of credit worthiness (which to my knowldedge is what creditors look at).  It may be difficult to assess the reason for recent fluxuations in the two scores but my guess is that you credit profile has changed in way that are both positive and negative recently, and while the Transunion score may not be affected as much by the negative change the Vantage was significantly.  There are many variables involved in each scoring method and the two different scores clearly place different emphasis on different factors, leading to your two contradicting score changes.  I'd reccommend looking closely at all the info in your credit report card prior to each score update, then look for any changes with the update that may have had an impact.

Response by
bprice

my vantage score changes periodically but my transrisk score has not changed in three months even though l have paid off a few accts. why is that?

Response by
19union79

Good question: my recent FICO numbers are 30+ points higher than CK (and climbing) and my CK number hasn't changed for six months.  I consistently have less than 15% and more often less than 10% of my credit utilized.  I have had perfect on-time payments for four years.  I have an 11% debt-to-income ratio.  I have even added a successful hard inquiry with no even short-term negative effect.   I know for a fact I took a 2 point hit with TU, EX and EQ but it is not reflected here.  Something is seriously wrong with CK.

I tried to inquire to CK several times but have received no response.  I use this for a reference only.  If you get a real answer please post it.

OurFreshStart

hey start,my impression, CK people seem to have this site on the pre-tense that they help people, that way they can ask for money on the advertising.....I had issues a few months back on the site not "up-dating" like it used to, wwent round and round with them on here....finally they(CK) admitted that there was a bug.......now my score keeps going up with the stupid "Vantagescore", which a bank here has told me they never heard of that and only use TU, swf, why CK even has it is beyond me.....I raised that question here and noone hasn't got back to me about it.....I'm not interested in a scsore that does me no good.....as the old saying goes, "you get what u pay for".....since this is free, ur not getting much but an "idea" of what ur score is.

PaMustang

who knows

jackieandbinko

what is vantage score?

Response by
georgie2005

credit score

It baffles me that they base your credit rating on how much oof your credit that you use rather then how well yo make your payments. If you don't want people to use no more then less 50% of there dredit, why give them that high of limit in the first place

Response by
leswnk

I have several collection accounts for medical bills.  I pay all my credit cards and other loans on time.  My Credit card utilization is 11%.  I am trying to increase my credit score.  I have been told by a few people that paying off the collections will decrease my credit score, but this has to be why my score is only a 618 because everything else has been current.  Should I pay or not?

Response by
jenniflea29

i know for a fact that if you pay off your medical bills, the collection agency(s) will remove the collection accounts from your credit report with 3 days.

I know this because I had the same issues. I paid them in full and they were removed on the next 30 day update.

Thanks

chasnthewind

there's few things you can do ,if you plan on paying before you do that call them and ask for removal from credit report in exchange for payment. Or pay them and write them a letter asking as a goodwill  to remove them from the credit reports, if you pay them eventually it will bring your scores up slowly but if they erase them it will increased your score faster and it actually take a month or two.

Mmariojavier

Paying your collection accounts will very likely have no effect on your score, nor will it result in your collections being removed from your credit reports.

However, some collection agencies may be willing to remove your collections from your credit reports if you send them a PFD (pay for delete) letter. 

Basically, it's a letter that states, in so many words, that you will be willing to pay off your collection accounts if they agree to remove the collections from your credit reports. You can find plenty of "pay for delete" letter samples online. Good luck!

equaltemp

I think you should contact the people who have the accounts and offer to pay them in full if they will completely remove any evidence of them from all of your credit reports.  Once you pay them you have no leverage to negotiate a deal and they can leave it on your credit reports as a paid collection which will still ding your credit score.  Get the agreement in writing before you pay.

bmsok59

I sujest you pay them I payed a collection account that I had and my score went up by 71 points after I paid.  then I called all 3 credit bureaus and place a dispute  and it was deleted usually colection angecies dont bother to even responding when the accounts are paid so chances are they will be deleted but just paying that account off raise my score 71 points so im back on 750 :)

mcaste25

what is vontage score used for?

Response by
saracb2010

why has my credit score gone down when my credit has know bad entrees

Response by
kraymo5

point lost

I apply for a car loan and took a 14  point lost on my credit score . what can i do to avoid such lost.

Response by
sunrising5

Submit to the Community