Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

CDNinUS

Why don't credit rating agencies take into account my non-US credit history
I'm 60 years old, but spent the first 47 years of my life in Canada. I had many loans, mortgages, credit cards while I lived and worked there, all with spotless payment history. Since moving to the US my credit history is equally spotless, however the number of accounts and the average length they have been open are relatively small. Why don't the credit rating agencies take into account non-US credit history?

It is good that you have a long history of being financially responsible and it would be nice if the information were transferrable here, but that is just the way things go in the credit game.  Each country has their own financial rules and regulations and they aren't willing to share the information..