Question

kitobear

Why don't Credit Karma scores match scores directly from bureaus?
I applied for a loan a couple of weeks ago and the TU score the lender gave me that they got directly from TU matched Credit Karma's score exactly. I decided to do free score trials directly from all three bureaus, and today, the score TU is giving me is 50 points higher than Credit Karma's. They both use Vantage. I am really confused.

Every time you see something on this site that says "Learn More" there is additional information to iomprove your understanding of how a credit score is calculated.  Teaching people about credit, how it works and how to improve their credit score is the purpose of this site.  The interactive tools available need an approximation of the credit score in order to be able to demonstrate the results of various credit transactions on your credit score.

Note that this site is FREE.  To get the more precise credit score from one of the other sites or from myfico.com may require payment of a fee.  I've found that this site's scoring and credit information has worked very well for me.

VantageScore 3.0

There is more than one version of VantageScore..... CK's score is "Calculated using the VantageScore 3.0 model, these scores range from 300 to 850. They're calculated by TransUnion and Equifax, respectively, so the scores may vary based on each credit report"