Question

dcCreditChecker

Why don't CK scores and criteria align?
I have only been a member of CK a little over a month.

When I first opened my account, my scores were:

TU-758 EQ-758, and my credit utilization was 36%

Based in part on what I read here, I got a "soft" credit line increase from one of my credit cards, and paid down the rest to bring my credit utilization down to a shade less than 9%.

Those were the ONLY changes made in that period, and ALL of these are now reflected on CK -- higher available credit (about 9% higher), and lower utilization (which dropped from 36% to 9%).

BUT...my scores have actually DROPPED!!! Now they are TU-750, and EQ-749. Again, credit utilization is now 9%.

Come on! If the CK criteria were the only factors that determine the CK credit scores, surely my scores should have gone UP, and not DOWN!!

Either there are other factors involved here which we are not being told about, or else the CK criteria have no bearing on the CK credit scores. (I am well aware of the fact that OTHER credit scoring systems could produce different results, but I did expect that the CK criteria would relate to the CK scores.

Disappointing, to say the least...

Most Helpful Response

> >Why don't CK scores and criteri?a align?

First off there are no CK Scores or other CK criteria to align!  CK only displays the information retrieved from TransUnion or Equifax

> >I have only been a member of CK a little over a month.

Good to hear and welcome, I have been here 3 years now.

> >When I first opened my account, my scores were:

> >TU-758 EQ-758, and my credit utilization was 36%

Good Scores to have, but the Utilization is way to high.

> >Based in part on what I read here, I got a "soft" credit line increase from one of my

> >credit cards, and paid down the rest to bring my credit utilization down to a shade less than 9%. 

Way to go, on getting the Utilization down,  but it would be best to Pay your Credit Cards in FULL each Month.

> >Those were the ONLY changes made in that period, and ALL of these are now reflected on CK

> >-- higher available credit (about 9% higher), and lower utilization (which dropped from 36% to 9%).

> >BUT...my scores have actually DROPPED!!! Now they are TU-750, and EQ-749. Again, credit utilization is now 9%.

Are you sure it was a soft Inquire?   Your Credit Scores are still Very Good.  I would not worry about the drop and give it a few months to see if they re-bound.  Credit Scores and Credit History takes time build up it won't happen over night.  ( not like going thru the fast food drive thru,  more like a process in the government it take a very long time )

> >Come on! If the CK criteria were the only factors that determine the CK credit scores, surely my scores should have gone UP, and not DOWN!! 

Again there is no CK Criteria,  this is all from TransUnion and Equifax based on your Credit History information.   If you take a look at my profile have tried to give a detail timeline as to what has happened over the years for my scores here at CK.   They will go up and down based on information reported to the Credit Bureaus.

> >Either there are other factors involved here which we are not being told about, 

> >or else the CK criteria have no bearing on the CK credit scores. 

> >(I am well aware of the fact that OTHER credit scoring systems could produce different

> > results, but I did expect that the CK criteria would relate to the CK scores.

> >

> >Disappointing, to say the least...

No it's normal for scores to go up and down.  and you have only been here a month.