Question

ConcernedYoungster

Why doesn't my student payment plan show up as credit history?
I have a payment plan with my school that is about $400 per month for about 4 months. Why doesn't this show up on my credit score?

You will need to check with the school to determine if they report to the credit bureaus.   They are not required to report and in most cases, they do not post internal financing to the credit bureaus.   The problem is that once the current loan is paid off, it would not longer count for your current credit and when you apply for an installment on the next semester, this would be a new application and as such, a new loan.  This short term information can have more negative impact on your score than if it was not reported.