Question

Jfred01

why doesn't credit karma update on a regular basis rather than every 7 days?
Just curious to know as to why it takes 7 days for the website to update the scores, items removed etc. Not that i'm complaining about the site because it's free but I think it would be more helpful and effective on my approach to building a better credit score. I personally think that it should be updated daily, because a lot of people buy into these adverts and want to check results on their reports as soon as possible, I myself included.

Most Helpful Response

My account updates infrequently!!!

For the past 3 months now Credit Karma has been really acting up. I read that you all update every 7 days but my score as of this year has been at least updating every 8 or 9 days. Why is that??? Is anyone else experiencing this frustrating problem???!!

Hi Jfred01,

If you're enrolled in our free credit monitoring, your account will actually update any time there is a significant change to your credit profile, like a new account -- even if it has been less than seven days since your last update. Since your creditors only send updates to the bureau once per month, we find that weekly updates are sufficient for most members. Credit scores do not typically change daily. 

Credit update

I have multiple changes to my credit cards (one being paid in full and one being paid down to less than 25%) and it has not updated in over 30 days. What gives??