Question

Posted in Taxes

djme13

Why does the tax product not allow using 1099-B summary?
Why does the tax product make me manually input every stock sale rather than allowing an input of the 1099-B summary information? Is this something that they will be rolling out? The product is basically unusable for investors as it is now.

Yes, please fix this for next year. This is is especially impossible if you use a robo like Wealthfront that can make hundreds of transactions a year.

Also, 1099-B claims to be supported on this page:

https://help.creditkarma.com/hc/en-us/articles/217378726-Forms-supported-by-Credit-Karma-Tax

I second this question.

This page https://help.creditkarma.com/hc/en-us/articles/217378726-Forms-supported-by-Credit-Karma-Tax

says they support the 1099-B but I only see an option to input everything manually. Ugh.

Welp, wasted my time

If this is not an option, then I have wasted my time entering the rest of my tax information. As others have stated, I'm not about to manually enter in all the stocks I've traded.

availability of 1099-B form

Hi, can you please tell me where did you find the 1099-B form filling in credit karma I couldn't find that option. 

But, it's free. .

Parkenshaw

It is free... And there are other limitations and manual entries many are cool giving up... But enter 20-pages of excel entries will drive most away, which is just ad revenue I suppose. Besides, it does make a claim for supporting the form, but that may be exclusionary to the Summary of the form, which they should clarify.

Anyhoo, Yea, I'll have to bring my forms elsewhere this year. I appreciate the service and don't mind my stake in their service, but I'd rather pay a little to avoid these 20-pages of excel sheets... I mean, not even a .csv import?