Question

Lina562

Why does the account still show on my credit and why does it show that it is opened?
I was added as an authorized user on my friend's card but she removed me because I asked her too. I have been removed for probably a year now and her credit card still shows in my Credit Cards that are opened. I spoke with her and she told me that the account has a zero balance and has been closed for about a month now. What do I do and who do I tell?

Most Helpful Response

You can contact the credit bureaus and have them remove the account from your reports, there shouldn't be any issue at all, if you have a problem call back and get another rep or a supervisor.

Because you were listed on the account, it is part of your credit history and that fact will show on your credit reports for 7 years after the date you were removed as an authorized user,

Lina562

I don't think you fully read my questions...