Question

DrMiguelitoLoveless

Why does my VantageScore oscillate up and down, month to month?
Since April my TU score has steadily climbed from 714 to 740, as my credit usage declined from 13% to 4% and my credit lines increased by about $15,000. I have no late payments or derogatory remarks, but at the same time VantageScore swings wildly:

Apr - 770
May - 861
Jun - 785
Jul - 866
Aug - 787
Sep - 865
Oct - 801

I can see no reasons for these oscillations.

I have found the same thing but would not get too distressed over it since the Vantage score is relatively obsolete. It costs a few dollars but go to MyFico and that is your true score and the one that lenders, etc looks at. Everything else is basically a model including the free credit score you get here.