Question

chall9206

why does my report show two mortgages
on my report it shows that i have 2 mortgages. both roughly the same amount due. i only have one mortgage have never re-financed or anything that would cause something like this. if you could tell me why it shows up like that and if there is any action that i need to do to fix this.
Thanks
Casey

Why does my report show two mortgages?

Credit reporting agencies have different ways of collecting, analyzing and reporting the information they gather about you. I happen to have the same situation. It is due to the fact that when one of the credit bureaus collected information about your loan, the other(s) had not gather the information yet. Or they report it after a payment has been received/processed. That causes a mismatch in the balances between the 3 major bureaus, and thus the loans get reported more than once.