Question

lucindac

why does my credit score not change when i have pd. my bills?
I have been checking my credit score since the last 6 months, bills are pd and still have a few to get paid off, but, why is my credit score not changing? It is still in the same spot as it was 6 months ago. I would have thought it would have gone up a little bit by now, or am I missing something? Please let me know, Thank You.

Most Helpful Response

Possible Answer

Are you talking about your score here on Credit Karma?  If so, it is very unreliable.  I have found that the info here is usually pretty good, but somewhat spotty. I like CK though because it ranks loans and credit card offers based on it's community and the average CK scores of users that have been approved.  I actually got a CC based on recommendation from this site.  I have been paying my balances down for three months in order to obtain a better rate for a mortgage.  I have successfully done so and raised my scores from median 616 to 658.  Here on CK I am seeing an increase of 609 to 626 and then a drop to 619.  The reason, for the drop, they are recording inquries from the same Home Lender as Hard Inquiries.  The CRB's will group Mortgage inquiries as one if pulled within 45 days of each other since it is assumed you are shopping rates.

Use the information here as nothing more then informational since I am finding it has no correlation to what you see in actual scoring.  I use Identity Guard to monitor monthly.  The reason I like them is because my scores on there reflect more closely to what my Actual FICO scores show.  I have scores on Identity Guard of EQ666/Ex658/TU636.  My FICO as of end of January, the one my mortgage lender is using is 659.

I would use another provider for real monitoring.

Test

Test