Question

notafanofcredit

Why does my credit score keep going down?
I have no debt...no credit cards, mortgage (house is paid off) and no car payment.

Please read the articles provided here to see why having and using credit will increase your credit score.  You do not have to be in debt.  In fact, being in debt is not good!  But learning about and wisely using credit is fantastic!! I used to be a primarily "cash only" consumer until joining this site.  Now I have several credit cards and purchased a new car last year.  My credit score keeps going up thanks to the knowledge I gained from this site on how to play the credit game, and I'm on a fixed income.

As already said, you need to use credit in order to build and maintain good credit. Not using credit is almost as bad as having bad credit.