Question

boxingchampion25

Why does my credit score go up and down even though I am making all my payments on time?

Most Helpful Response

There could be several reasons. Most likely it's because the balances on your credit cards and other lines of credit go up and down, changing your utilization rate each time a lender reports to the credit bureaus.

There could be other reasons: have you applied for any new credit lately? Closed any accounts? These things and more could change your score. Check your CK "credit report card" details and you'll probably see.

Jim T

I have a question for kreditkarma my credit goes from 771-777 to 821-826 every other week this has been going on for several months and it's the same numbers every other week never changes up and down. I pay my bills the same every month "early" never late. no balances on any card. I haven't applyed for any new cards or bought anything new for a few years so no new hits. on my credit. can somone please explain this yo-yo effect ??