Question

msparalegal2u

Why does my credit activity impact my Wife's credit score?
My husband recently opened some credit card accounts in his name under his SSN. He added me as an authorized user on two of those accounts. This has negatively impacted my credit score and I don't understand why. My SSN was never entered in the applications. Is this a mistake or does our credit activity always impact each other's scores?

No mistake.

There is a card in your name, so it is reported on your Credit Report.  

Even if you are not responsible for the payment.  If your husband defaults they will come after you for the payment.

They don't need a signature or SSN to do this.  

Rule of Thumb: As a married couple, if you file joint tax returns,  you are considered a "single entity" by the credit companies.  

Good Luck 

Also,

Your score should go back up after a few months,  They just want to see how you use the new cards and how you will pay them.  

Make payments on time, Don't use more than 30% of the available credit and your score will bounce back.