Question

dezzy92

Why does my car loan still show up on my credit report if I already paid it off and have new loan?

Most Helpful Response

Some info about that loan will remain on your credit for 7 years from the date it was paid off because it is part of your credit history.  After 7 years, it will vanish.

How long ago did you pay off the car loan? It can take up to two billing cycles for that to be reflected on your credit report. 

debbydebtdowner

Loan was completely paid off before march of 2014 by Esurance and I have only one vehicle which is a honda civic and the 7,000 amount is accurate.  The Honda Accord was paid off as a total loss by Insurance co. so obviously I dont have a car loan for that amount and what do you need to verify to get this off my credit report?