Question

HelpMeThinkOfAScreenName

Why does Merrick bank want my money for secured card BEFORE they give a decision of approved/denied?
I applied and they responded with I need to deposit money and THEN they'll let me know if I'm approved or denied. I know merrick has some good reviews but This makes no sense and seems fishy to me. Then they say if I'm denied it could take up to 45 days to refund my money back. WTH?! Anyone else dealt with this?

Most Helpful Response

I would look else where, Capitol One have pretty good reviews in CK. I personally have US Bank's secured card, it come with free checking and saving accounts, which is added benefit without having to keep a certain minimum balance (1.5k usually) in your checking account, in order to have monthly fee being waived like most other banks.

I never used one (secured card) However, that's the whole purpose of one is to deposit money before they will approve you for a card.... You deposit is their security that you will repay what you owe......