Question

lucyinthesky237

Why does it show a credit inquiry for Pay Pal credit if I got approved?
I thought it only shows if you get denied

An inquiry is reported and on your record irrespective if you got approved or not.   This shows other firms that you secured credit.  Going after too much credit too quickly is a sign of a potential problem.  You'll see a drop for the inquiry and once the account is approved, you see another drop.   Although, this second drop can be made up with on time payments over a short period of time (6 mos to a year).  The hard inquiry will be on your record for 2 years.

lucyinthesky237

Hmm, then why don't any of my other credit cards that I've had for less than 2 years show up as inquiries? And when you say dropped, do you mean it will just go away after a while since I was approved but it's just new and first time showing on my report? 

Thanks so much for the reply!