Question

BeSkepticalOfAll

Why does Credit Karma "offer" me an auto loan that doesn't exist?
I currently have an auto loan with 53 months left, at a rate of 2.99%. Credit Karma "offered" me an auto loan from Blue Harbor for 72 months at a rate of 1.99%. I went through all the trouble of applying for a loan from Blue Harbor, but they now say that Credit Karma doesn't know what it's talking about--the best Blue Harbor can offer me is 3.4%.

Why does Credit Karma waste our time with these bogus "offers"?

Lightstream gave me a good rate

I tried the second "offer," and had much better luck.  Lightstream refinanced my auto at 2.39% for 60 months.  Interestingly, their loan is considered unsecured, meaning that I will get title to my car as soon as I use the Lightstream money to pay off my existing loan.

Most Helpful Response

No way to contact Credit Karma?

By the way, I had to post here because I see no way to contact Credit Karma directly at all.

Addison170

Email support@creditkarma.com.  The bogus offers are just ads, that's how they keep the website free for us.  I wish they didn't do those "recommendations" 'cause they are very misleading.  Good luck!

Or Credit Card

Or credit card offers to low credit score clients? This is so missleading. "Build your credit score, apple for this credit card" really? that just brought down my credit score because I didn't get approved.