Question

ProudAngelmomofJoe

Why does Credit Karma offer Credit card offers and then report it as a HARD inquiry ?
Credit Karma tells you to build your credit. So you decide to try it their way. I applied for a credit card that they offered and it dropped my credit score a few points! I will never do that again!!!! It shows up as a HARD inquiry!!!!

What give you the idea in the first place, that it wouldn't be a hard inquiry whenever you apply for line of credit through this site or from any other sites?

ANY time you apply for credit, they have to find out if you are a good credit risk and that can only be done by making an inquiry. You can learn how credit works if you would read the articles on this site, which is here to TEACH that subject.  I learned a lot, to my benefit.