Question

sadepoo

why does credit karma have my cedit score at 728 can not qualify for amazon store card

Most lenders do not use the scores that you get here. They use a version of FICO scores, so you should check to see what they are. Upon credit denial, lenders are supposed to send you a letter stating the reasons that you were denied for credit. If you get one of these letters, then you can see what you need to work on. Most people start out with Secured credit cards to build credit.

P.S. you can contact the card issuer and ask why you were denied.

You can also contact the lender and ask why you were denied and ask them to reconsider. I am not sure who issues Amazon cards, but I think it is Chase bank.

joe8185

There are actually two different kinds of Amazon cards - the Amazon Rewards Visa, which is issued by Chase, and the Amazon Store Card (an online card which is really more like a line of credit akin to Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit), which is issued by Synchrony. Were you applying for the Visa or the Store Card? From what I've read Chase is fairly strict on granting credit, which probably helps explain why you were turned down with a reasonably good credit score. On the other hand, Synchrony is comparatively generous and routinely grants credit to people with scores in the 600's and even occasionally in the 500's, depending on various factors (it really does appear to help, for example, if you have a pre-existing good credit history on a secured credit card, and being a regular Amazon customer might also help). I was approved for a Synchrony (Store Card) card/credit line of $800 Sunday with a TransUnion score of 651 and Equifax 640, having a Capital One secured Mastercard on my history that I've been keeping up over-the-minimum payments on for the past year and being careful not to put too heavy a load on it as well. You might want to try again for the Synchrony card if that wasn't the one you originally applied for, you might have better luck.