Question

jpiverson

why does a closed credit card show up?
A home depot credit card, that has been closed for years, still appears as an active credit card. How do I get it removed?

Most Helpful Response

Look at your credit report does it have Date Closed?

if the account was closed and you were current in good standing the account will stay on your credit report for 10 years then fall off.   This will work in your favor 

If the account was closed and charged off,  collections or something like that it will stay on your report for 7 years.  This will work agaist you.

Ticalady

Thank you for responding to this person's question,  as it also answers my question regarding a Cap 1 card with the exact same situation.  Closed years ago, and with a good standing.  So, I will have to wait for 10 years to drop from my credit?  So?  I shall WAIT.