Question

3red3red

why does a closed account show up on ck with missing payments
I don't know how to fix this or even if it is effecting my credit score. I understand the ramifications of self-closing an account; some of these accounts were associated with a Bankruptcy and others with Student Loan providers with whom I applied and then who transferred the loan to a Servicer. The latter situation, will never show any payments as generally these are transferred within the first 30 days. Thanks

Give these guys a call 1  877  235  0324 Credit Pro's they can help.

3red3red

What I found on Student loans is that Transunion reports the payment status/worst payment status as current and unknown.  I haven't gotten an answer yet, but I've sent them seven student loans - i.e NelNet, Direct Servicing and CLS. I went back through all those old and massive student loan files from 2001 and forward - sending Transunion copies of the Paid in Full reports from each one.  Student Loan Servicers are notorious for not updating credit reports when they are paid.....Too bad they beat the postal service to add them on.