Question

toddhammy

Why do you suggest me to apply for a credit card that fits my credit status and get denied.
I feel that I am secure to take your advice when your company suggest that I am approved for this credit card and get denied. That is fraud!!! That is another hard inquiry that I have to deal with now. Please explain!!!

Most Helpful Response

Not the sites fault

I am not blaming them but that is false advertisement when this site is telling you that based on your credit score and history that you will receive a specific credit card. The only reson I applied was to transfer by balances and save money which was suggested by this site and the credit card company based on my credit credentials. Now I have a hard inquiry on my credit which could possibly bring my score down!!!!! How is that helping me???

Tlb3443

Applied because CK said I would be able to get the card. I applied to transfer a balance and I was denied. Now my credit looks worse!!! Thanks for nothing Creditkarma!

Not the site's fault.

It costs money to set up and maintain an Internet site and, since this site is free to us, it's obvious someone is paying for its operation.  That someone is the credit card companies that advertise on the site.  Your "approval" is based solely on the information obtained from Transunion, which is where your credit score from this site comes from.  But there are two other credit reporting agencies (Experian and Equifax) who have different information on you and the credit card companies may check them also before accepting or denying a credit card application.

Have you checked all 3 credit reports to make sure that everything reported on them is correct?  If not, go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Look them over thoroughly and file a dispute on wrong items with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the errors.  And it is not uncommon for there to be errors due to the human factor.  That is why we're advised to check our credit reports every year.

Hope this helps.

Fox News

This comment will be passed Fox Business news.

Very Helpful . I'm trying to better my score.

why are you keep telling me to apply ?

why are you keep telling me to apply for Barklys master card b/c it's suitable for credit. so i applied for it and they denied me 4 times and said they are not even gonna pull my credit reports and check it. but creditkarma is keep telling me to apply for the card?