Question

kokopatti

why do you have to be in debt to have a high credit rating
if i simulate my score by going into debt my score increases seems pretty dumb to me. if i pay off my credit card every month and have no debt i should have a high score because ican pay my bills

It seem silly, but it works. The optimal scoring is leaving a balance on one card to report while the rest of your cc have zero balance. You should let it report between 1-9% utilization. Then pay off the balance in full once it reports. Although I don't follow that format everytime, but it have increase my score from 650-700 in 3 months.