Question

rwockenf

Why do so many questions on here go unanswered? Are there any moderators?
I don't understand. Why even have a forum section if no one is going to answer the questions? Are the majority of questions not interesting enough? or applicable to enough people to answer?

I'm fairly new to CK so I may be overstepping some bounds here, but I presume everyone else who posts questions actually wants an answer and some of the questions might in fact be time sensitive. If this is supposed to be an educational resource for decision making, why isn't there someone or multiple someones (CK experts or otherwise) who manage these boards? This absence only strengthens the argument that CK is a joke and is only a means to advertise Credit Cards, Loans, and Credit Repair / Bankruptcy Services.

Most Helpful Response

I'm a general member of Credit Karma. Some questions don't get answered because they're the same over and over again. People don't seem to read the beneficial articles on this site and others, or even bother looking at previously answered questions and suggestions. 

Hi rwockenf,

Thanks for posting. I'm the primary moderator of this section and I answer questions daily. This space is intended for members to answer each other's questions. If you see any questions you can answer, we encourage you to chime in with an answer.

Credit Karma is not in a position to give specific financial advice to our members. We are not licensed financial experts, and we don't have the insight needed to answer complex questions based on a brief post. For members with questions specific to their accounts, we suggest contacting our support team via help.creditkarma.com for one on one assistance. 

rwockenf

Thank you for the quick response. If you are not a financial expert, are you employed by Credit Karma? Or just another community member?

My questions tend to focus around Student Loans. Who is the primary moderator for that section?

Hi rwockenf,

I am a community manager here at Credit Karma. I oversee this community section of our website and can answer many general questions about credit, including student loans. That's different than giving personalized advice,  as laws may vary depending on where you live and the "best" answers are dictated by your full financial picture. If you require personalized advice for a serious financial matter, I encourage you to speak to a professional in your state. We're an educational resource, and you might find some of the articles we have written about student loans to be helpful. 

You're welcome to post your questions about students loans and community members who have experiences with that topic may respond to you with the information you need.