Question

StephanieD0458

Why do my collections show recently opened?
I have not been to the hospital in a few years, yet the bills are showing up as opened this year in my collections report. Does that mean they will be on for another 7 years? How can I get them to go away? This is really unfair. These are the only negative marks on my reports. Everything else is paid on time or paid off.

Most Helpful Response

The open date is a bit deceiving.  That is actually the date the collection company acquired your account, that is NOT the date the original account was opened.  They will stay on your report for 7 & 1/2 years from the date they went delinquent.  Hope this helps.