Question

robindsouza82

Why do I not see a debt collection on my creditkarma report? It shows on my credit report.
I recently got my credit report and it shows a debt collection that was reported on Jan 2013. I have had an account with creditkarma for years and it never alerted me. Also, i still cant see it in my account.

Consider dispute.

A recent news report stated that approximately 25% of credit reports have errors.  So, if you got all 3 credit reports, you will see if errors exist (this reported collection sounds like one) and you can file a dispute on it with the reporting credit bureau.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the item in dispute. 

Credit Karma gets its information from Transunion and different creditors report to different credit bureaus, so it's important to check Experian and Equifax as well as Transunion, and do it every year.