Question

cherryfield

why do I have to contact my bank everytime to report my payments on my mortgage
I check my credit score about every six weeks, my mortgage payments remaining isn't over $12000, why do I have to contact my bank everytime for you to lower the amount I still owe? They keep telling me they notify all 3 credit bureaus every 4-6 weeks but you have shown no change for 3+ months. I owe less than $10,000. I have been making the regular payments every month and have paid an extra $200 a month for a year.

Credit Karma is NOT A CREDIT BUREAU!!! It is an online, interactive site to help people learn how to build and maintain a good credit score.  Nothing on this site is reported or available to anyone else.  Your information on this site is for your use only.  Please read the articles and utilize the financial tools so you, too, can learn how credit works and how to make it work for you.