Question

Papamoag56

Why do I have Multiple Names ("Aliases") on Record ?
Because of the Hispanic Cultural Naming Norm of using both our Parents' Surnames (and sometimes a Spouse's as well), and the tendency of machines and people who do not understand to remove hyphens, alphabetize or change the order,. etc, I find myself with six "ALIASES" which unfairly portrays me as a person who changes names, possibly for shady purposes. I would like these "Aliases" removed from my Reports and History, as soon as possible. As a child I was called Adam Gettinger but in my adult life, I have only used Adam A. Gettinger-Brizuela.

Most Helpful Response

Different aliases hurt your credit and score. Write a letter to all the credit bureaus stating you only go by "one" name! Your birth name. Send proof, copy of your birth certificate, driver's liscense and social security card to clean up the mistakes.

Multiple Names

I have a long name.  Many card companies do not offer enough spaces to list my name properly resulting in some "aliases". 

Is this a problem I should try to eliminate or is it a non-issue.  Also, if a middle initial is used in my normal signature should I list my full middle name in profiles or just the initial? 

I understand that using the whole middle name helps to reduce the number of folks with the "same" name, but not many people sign with their whole middle name, preferring just the initial.  That "initial" practice is especially true with a name ov 26 letters plus 2 spaces.