Question

Grammy4X

why do I have low score
Why would $102.00 collection have such a big bearing on my score. I tried numerous times to resolve the $102.00 collection as it was an error on coding at the hospital that no one would take responsibility for. Since I absolutely do not owe it what can be done to remove it from my credit report? I have always had EXCELLENT credit and this has bothered me for sometime now.

Collection accounts

Unfortunately, collection accounts have a DRAMATIC impact on credit because they touch several of the areas that determine your credit score.  Medical claims are the most common of all issues for Americans; fully impacting 52% of the population.  Your situation is unfortunately all to common.  Don't be fooled into thinking that should you break down and pay it as a means to have it removed, that it will be. Paying the collection account WILL NOT remove it from your credit.  

The good news is that there are companies that specialize in dealing with the impact of the collection accounts and specifically Medical Collection accounts as the collection companies very frequently violate HIPPA laws when they provide information on the accounts they are attempting to collect on. 

I'd be happy to provide further information if needed.  Feel free to contact me.