Question

BarristerDad118

Why Do I have An Account just sent to Collections that I don't understand?
I just learned CHOICE RECOVERY has sent something for a piddling $75.00 to collections. UGH! This is the first I have heard of it! I am just FINALLY getting my score on a higher trajectory. How can I resolve this quickly without delay

Was this on your Credit Karma record or were you sent a letter?  Makes a difference.  If it was on this site, first go to annualcreditreport.com and order all 3 credit reports.  They are free.  Go over them thoroughly and note any errors such as accounts you have never heard of.  File a dispute on each error with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the item.

If you received a letter regarding this account, send them back a letter asking for validation of the debt as required under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.  Send this letter via certified, return receipt required.  For your personal information, the proper validation of debt is a copy of the signed contract that shows your signature.  Most collection agencies cannot do this, so the debt has to vanish.