Question

MOLLY1TINY2

why do I have a credit cardit listed twice when I only have 1 account with the company?

Most Helpful Response

molly1tiny2

Just a guess here: did the credit card company close an acct and open another one?  I have had things like that happen over the years.

I also see an acct from a family member once in a while show up on one of my reports.

Or maybe something got changed on the info or the info reported and to the agency it appeared to be a separate acct.  Are they both reporting as current, etc...

If you really want to know, I would do one or two things to start finding out.  First call the credit card company and ask them about it.  If that sheds no light, go to the free credit report site and pull all three credit reports for free (you shoulld be doing this once a year anyway).  That should show when the other acct started and the status of both.  This will give you a point to start from when you ask questions.

Let me know how it turns out.

Rich

all of the listings have the same correct amount, but should be only liisted once.

Still no help account still showing twice one with my lasteat payment one without