Question

klo8700

Why Do I Have a Bad Equifax Credit Score?
I have never had a credit card. I took out a 1400 dollar loan for school, which I paid back in full before it was even due for payment. Before I paid this back, I had a fair credit score. After paying this loan, I log in and see that my Equifax credit score is "Very Poor." What gives and how can I fix this?

Hi klo8700,

Your Equifax credit report might contain different information than your TransUnion credit report. You can review them side by side to investigate further. Pay special attention to "derogatory marks".

Mine is low too.

The score on here is almost 100 pts less than my Fico score on MyFico. I'm wondering how that's possible when my credit has gotten better.