Question

kjwest24

why didn't my score update?
I did the credit score simulator with an increase of 250 to my credit line and my score increased by 30 points. So i called my card company and got approved for a 250 limit increase which took effect immediately but my credit score never increased on here.. why??

Most Helpful Response

Most creditors do not report right away (in real time). Even though your limit was raised instantly, most often you have to wait 30 days before the information officially gets reported to the credit bureau.

The simulator isn't a guarantee, it's just a general projection. There are various factors that are each weighed differently that go into your score. Increasing your limit by such a small amount may not offset more heavily weighed negative factors.