Question

Cshade11

Why didn't my credit score go up after I paid collections.
The score has been going down but not up. Creditors look at it and it goes down. That's low impact. Paid off high impact things and it don't move .

Most Helpful Response

In addition to what jwsister has already said, do some reading on how to write "Goodwill Letters" to the collections companies since you did not get a "Pay for Delete Agreement".

The negative of having bills in collections will still be part of your credit history for 7 years since it appears you may not have negotiated a "pay for delete" agreement with the collection agencies.  Keep showing regular payments on all accounts from now on and your score may climb gradually until the 7 years have passed. Then it may have a significant jump when the negatives drop off.

peache68

So you're saying that even though she paid off her creditors, that her score won't go up? Why even bother. It's so negatively scewed for people. A creditor pulls my credit, which will cause my score to drop a point or two. I pay my bills perfectly for 12 months and not one point higher on my report!