Question

confused2insc

Why did you give bad advice?
I paid off my mortgage and increase my credit limit (like credit Karma advised) and my score dropped 30 points, it is quite obvious that these scores are not calculated by any logical means, but I am sure I will get some BS excuse and reason that this all makes sense..

It's up to you to read the articles here and other sites to take advantage of the knowledge and make informed decisions.

Your score decreased because you're no longer making payments on a closed loan.  Your score will increase, as you utilize credit cards, make timly payments and pay them in full.

Credit scores are not stagnant.

Closing accounts will usually result in score decreases, so that is what probably did it, not the increasing of credit limits on existing accounts. Regardless, you paid off your mortgage and that is something that you should celebrate even if your scores took a hit. Purchase your FICO scores somewhere to see how they are, the ones you get here aren't important anyway, so don't worry over them.