Question

lonewolf728

Why did they put 13 hard inquires on my credit report within 30 days for auto loan.
I have 13 credit inquires from car dealerships last year and then were all within 30 days. It was for the same car they ran my credit from one bank to another. I thought you have 30 days and they make that one big hard inquire not 13 different ones. Is there away to get rid of some of them? Also i bought a car and they called me up 2 weeks after i bought it and they said the credit union i was financing with said they couldnt continue to finance for me anx ghe dealership did 3 or 4 credit inquires without me there to try for another credit auto loan. Were they allowed to do to that and in the end they ended up making a deal with the original. Credit union and i stay with them. So theg put inquires on my credit for norhing.

Most Helpful Response

I'm no pro, but I have a past experience like that too. At some point during the transaction, dealers will typically ask you to sign something saying "it is ok for us to find you the best deal possible," which really means they will send your financials to every bank in the universe until someone approves you for a payment. My sister had the same thing happen; they told her $XYZ a month is no problem, but then she got denied by the Toyota bank line and they sent it to 5 others before getting approved for the amount they told her, and each one was a seperate hit on her credit.

I don't think theres a way to remove that :( sucks, but those typically fall off after a year and don't impact your credit score THAT much (though it does a little, generally 10-20 points in my experience.)