Question

2themountains

Why did my T.U. dispute filed thru Credit Karma complete as ERROR?
Yesterday I disputed a TransUnion collection through Credit Karma that I recently paid off. Reason code " this account was settled" Today I got an email update from C.K. in regards to this dispute. When I checked the dispute results they said- "Your dispute couldn't be completed because of a technical issue. The quickest option is try to submit the dispute again. But if the problem continues, you can try contacting TransUnion directly". Funny thing I immediately checked my full T.U. report and the collection account is gone. Is it gone because I filed a dispute only to go back on due to this error code? Could the error code possibly be because there was no longer an account to dispute? Could the collection agency maybe removed the account? I know my last question is doubtful. Please Help

If you do not see the account on your Transunion report, then it must have been removed, so things may have worked out in your favor. I would keep an eye on it though and if you are experiencing glitches on Credit Karma, I advise you look at your reports directly from the credit bureaus.