Question

lilei

Why did my student loan deferment make my credit score drastically drop?
I checked my weekly credit score this morning and my credit score dropped 56 points in one week. Credit karma says that the change was because my student loans went from in payment to deferred (I started school again in August). I called the student loan company for my student loans(federal)and they said that the deferment doesn't negatively impact my score. What could be the issue?

deferred student loan and credit score

I have the same problem, mine dropped 52 points. Have you been able to get any answers? 

Re-enrollment negatively affects credit

The same thing happened to me. My credit score dropped 69 points and I'm unsure as to why. I'm back in school and loan deferrements are automatic once one re-enrolls. This is extremely unfair and incredibly discouraging. 

I have the same issue , I'm confused