Question

Ballzwacker

Why did my scores have a a big drop(over 56-64pt) in a month, when no information has changed?
I check my scores once a month and it says they dropped 56 nd 64 points. ..that is huge and I haven't had any new accounts, purchases etc. So what's going on?

Most Helpful Response

Hit hard

Same thing happend to me. Mine fell 57 points, and nothing has changed other than my ontime payments. I am thinking it is something on Credit Karma's end. I checked my credit cards free FICO score and found the score to be at my previous CK score.

Hard Inquiries

Hi, Ballzwacker... if you've applied for a new credit card, a hight cost item, or even a new job, etc., this can cause a drop in your score if they've done a hard inquiry to check your score. Not certain this is the case... but, it may be the cause. Also, this may depend on the time that each agency updates their database. Hope this helps.

Tncreditfail

My score dropped like this and I found out the credit card company lowered my approval rate without my knowing. It made my ratio change which lowered my score. The sad thing is I had just made a large payment and had already paid it down alot from where i had started out as wth a small balance left to pay off. They sent a letter (not until well after tue fact) and said because of my not using it and my late payment (x1) they were lowering it. They dropped it significantly! And like I sad it to increased my ratio, dropping my credit score. Here is my question... I have since paid them off. Will t hurt my CS to not get SE it but keep it open? I've always understood it to help, that you don't have to go use it.

Same thing happened to me

I hope someone responds. I can not find a way to contact credit karma.